The Profession and CSDCAS
CSDCAS is the future of CSD admissions. This state-of-the-art system manages individual program admissions to Au.D. and Master’s SLP programs. It also tracks admissions data nationally of participating programs. As more CSD programs join the system, CAPCSD has the capability to gather the most immediate, accurate and comprehensive data on CSD admissions.
What does this mean to the profession? With increased participation, CSDCAS provides a more complete and dynamic picture of CSD’s future professionals. This includes detailed demographic information, acceptance rate statistics and an overview of those students entering graduate school each year. Through CSDCAS, we can determine whether the admissions pool is meeting the needs of the future audiology and speech-language pathology marketplace and adjust our educational models accordingly.
The benefits of CSDCAS are multifaceted. Some of the most compelling reasons to support the profession and CAPCSD through participation in CSDCAS include:
- Better tracking on application trends in MA-SLP and Au.D. applicants.
- Improving diversity in CSD applications through national data on the minority applicant pool and collaborative problem solving on this issue through CAPCSD.
- Assisting student recruitment based on extensive data related to the entire and accepted applicant pool.
- Greater accessibility of information on careers in CSD and the CSD admissions process to a broader audience via CSDCAS.
- Greater accuracy and applicant data to support arguments at the national level, especially in relation to federal funding in such areas as HRSA Titles IV and VIII, Health Career Opportunity Programs (HCOP), Centers of Excellence (COE), Financial Aid loans and grants, and research grants.
- Enabling more data-driven discussions and research on the future of the field.
The innovative service provided in CSDCAS advances the profession and CAPCSD, allowing participating programs to focus on academic excellence, leadership and the collaborative learning necessary for developing the next generation of CSD professionals. Join CSDCAS today.