Benefits of Membership
Why join CAPCSD?
We know that building and sustaining a CSD program is a multi-faceted and dynamic leadership opportunity. Active membership in CAPCSD—the source of leadership, education, and advocacy for academic programs in communication sciences and disorders—provides CSD program leaders with essential resources and connections for achieving excellence. Faculty, students, and long-term program development will be enriched by our united efforts at inclusive collaboration, advocacy and education on behalf of our membership. We are a group dedicated to advancing the unique needs of the field and of individual CSD programs in today’s world.
Who should join CAPCSD?
We welcome all U.S. and international institutions of higher education that offer academic degrees in communication sciences and disorders. It is our goal to be the most comprehensive solution-centered support organization for CSD programs around the world. Member institutions provide undergraduate and/or graduate education in CSD. These institutions share a common goal of building and sustaining high quality programs for CSD students based on the unique attributes of each member program.
We serve member institutions in ways that promote quality work, accessible resources, and innovations that strengthen the field of CSD. Membership in the Council includes benefits that impact multiple aspects of a program. Some of these benefits include:
- Problem-solving focused on issues unique to CSD
- Preparation for relevant changes in the field impacting education and accreditation
- Pedagogical innovations for dynamic learning environments
- Leadership development for chairs and clinic directors
- Quality contacts that foster individual and departmental development
- Forums for collaboration and collegiality, including our annual conference and our listserves
- Survey data regarding salaries in CSD departments across the nation
- Access to advocacy resources and solution-centered support for programs facing internal institutional challenges.