The Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD) is a membership organization with over 300 communication sciences and disorders programs from the United States, Brazil, Canada, China, Puerto Rico, and New Zealand. Member programs offer degrees in communication sciences and disorders, including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Over the past forty-one years, CAPCSD has grown exponentially and continues to develop resources and programming to support members in the discipline.
- The annual conference, which attracts over 500 participants annually.
- CSDCAS, a centralized admissions service software for clinical entry level SLP and audiology programs, offered at no cost to graduate CSD programs.
- A Leadership Academy for those interested in pursuing academic leadership as part of their career and building those skills.
- The scholarship program supports students pursuing a Ph.D., research in SLP and Audiology, and to recognize service by students in CSD.
- Webinars offer professional development opportunities for administrators, faculty and clinic directors.
- A series of eLearning courses provide evidence-based professional development in clinical supervision for clinical educators and preceptors facilitating practicums for graduate students in audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Salary data is available to assist administrators and job applicants negotiate for salaries comparable to other institutions of the same class or region.
- A number of white papers, as well as an eBook on Best Practices in Healthcare Simulations in CSD, have been written.
- Longstanding features, such as the job postings, academic and clinical resources, and proceedings from the annual conferences are also provided.
CAPCSD was founded in 1978, with a small group of department chairs meeting annually in St. Louis, Missouri, to contemplate and try to solve common problems facing administrators of the time. Since then, the annual conference has expanded to include clinic directors, graduate directors, and faculty. The annual conference continues to be the crowning achievement of CAPCSD. Different from other professional conferences in speech-language pathology, audiology, and speech and hearing sciences, the CAPCSD annual conference offers professional development in administration, leadership, and pedagogy specific to communication sciences and disorders.
CAPCSD always looks to the future for ways to support member program administrators, faculty, and clinic directors. In February 2019, the CAPCSD Board of Directors approved a three-year strategic plan for 2018-2021. We invite you to review the STRATEGIC PLAN and see where CAPCSD is headed in the near future.
November 20, 2020 - Pending