The Lisa Scott Leadership Academy, April 11-12, 2023, Orlando
Applications for the 2023 Lisa Scott Leadership Academy closed on Monday, October 10th.
As part of its mission to provide visionary leadership for academic programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders and to promote the professional development of its constituents, CAPCSD offers this program to support individuals considering academic leadership positions, or those who are newly engaged in academic leadership, to develop their knowledge and skills in leadership.
The Lisa Scott Leadership Academy, Best Practices in Academic Leadership, will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 11-12, 2023, prior to the CAPCSD annual conference, at the Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, Orlando, Florida. The Academy will be led by Dr. Jeffrey Buller, Senior Partner in ATLAS: Academic Training, Leadership, and Assessment Services.
- Is Leadership Learnable?
- Why Academic Leaders Must Lead Differently
- Best Practices in Faculty Recruitment and Retention
- Best Practices in Faculty Evaluation
- Time Management, Stress Management, Conflict Management for Academic Leaders
- Developing and Implementing a Leadership Vision
Selected participants receive complimentary registration to The Lisa Scott Leadership Academy and CAPCSD annual conference, two nights hotel, and some meals.
- Faculty from CAPCSD member programs are invited to apply.
- Participation is limited to 20 faculty, chosen through a competitive process, limited to one faculty per member program.
- The CAPCSD member program membership dues must be paid in full by September 15th.
- The applicant must have an individual membership with CAPCSD offered at no-cost. Click here to create a membership account, if you do not already have one, using your university email.
- Participants agree to attend the CAPCSD annual conference, April 12-15, 2023.
Applicants will provide background information, a brief biographical statement (maximum 100 words), and respond to the following:
- What are your professional goals for the next five (5) years?
- Describe any past leadership experiences (academic or otherwise).
- Describe an effective leader who you have encountered. What were the qualities you feel made them effective?
- When you think about moving into a leadership role, what is appealing to you?
- What do you think you might like least about an academic leadership position?
- If you can learn only one thing from the Academy, what would it be?
- Opened Monday, September 12, 2022
- Closes Monday, October 10, 2022, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Decisions will be announced by mid-December
Contact Deborah Ortiz at email@example.com