Throughout the year, the Board of Directors gathers input on issues of importance to the CAPCSD membership. As a CAPCSD member, if you individually or in concert with colleagues, have ideas or issues that you believe the Board of Directors should address, please formulate and submit a resolution for consideration. Any CAPCSD member program or individual member may submit a resolution. Proposed resolutions are accepted at any time during the year and will be discussed by the Board at their next regularly scheduled meeting, unless a quorum is not met.
Proposed resolutions for discussion at the fall meeting are due by Monday, October 24, 2022.
Submit resolutions to Deborah Ortiz, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 1/3 favorable vote of the Board is required to submit the resolution to the membership for a vote.
- Wording of resolutions will be edited in light of discussions and recommendations during the Board meeting.
- The submitter will have 30-days to accept any changes or withdraw the proposed resolution.
- Resolutions approved by the Board for distribution to the membership will not become official unless approved by a majority vote of voting member programs.
- Once a resolution is approved by a majority vote of the membership, it is the Board's duty to define the direction, execute the actions, and allocate resources.
- The Board is solely responsible to direct all ratified resolutions as approved by the membership.
The resolution process can be read in its entirety as stated in the CAPCSD bylaws, Article IX, Resolutions.
- Title: Brief description
- Background: A sequence of logically ordered “Whereas” statements.
- Resolved: Detailed description of proposed position, action, investigation, initiative, etc. that the resolution sponsors would like the Board of Directors to pursue.
- Sponsored by: Name(s) and program affiliations of the resolution sponsor(s).