Call for Nominations
The Call for Nominations closed on Friday, December 17th at 12:00 p.m. noon ET. The Slate of Officers will be announced at the annual meeting in April 2022.
CAPCSD’s received nominations for the following board positions:
- President-Elect,Three (3) years of service, beginning July 1, 2022, and ending June 30, 2025
- Treasurer, Two (2) years of service, beginning July 1, 2022, and ending June 30, 2024
Positions should be filled by individuals who have a passion for service to CAPCSD and believe their skill sets lend themselves to helping CAPCSD accomplish its mission and vision.
- Individuals nominated for President-Elect have a demonstrated record of leadership and familiarity with CAPCSD’s mission and goals.
- Individuals nominated for Treasurer have a demonstrated record of leadership and a desire to generate and maintain documentation critical to the mission of CAPCSD.
Why consider volunteering for CAPCSD?
CAPCSD is the preeminent association for advancing the mission and goals of programs in communication sciences and disorders. We operate in an allied manner with other professional organizations, such as ASHA and AAA, and are the onlyorganization whose mission is to improve the academic environment for our disciplines. If you have a passion for curriculum, administration, teaching, clinical education, or other aspects of working in a university CSD department, please consider applying your enthusiasm and skills to a role within CAPCSD.
What are the benefits of serving CAPCSD in a volunteer role?
- Influence the issues that affect the academy.
- Make a direct impact on CAPCSD’s visionary programs, such as the Ph.D. scholarships, annual conference, Leadership Academy, and Clinical Educator resources, just to name a few.
- Develop a broader vision of the issues impacting CSD faculty, students, and programs.
- Represent an association of individuals who are specifically concerned with the education of future professionals, rather than a sub-group of a professional association.
- Rely on the support of professional and highly trained staff via CAPCSD’s association management company who assist volunteers with accomplishing their work.
- Develop a close network of colleagues who value our work environments in similar ways and who also like to have a good time while working!
What kind of time commitment can I expect?
The Board of Directors meets via teleconference once a month during the year and has four (4) face-to-face meetings: January, July, the Tuesday before the ASHA convention, and the two days prior to the CAPCSD annual conference.
For more information on the roles and duties of each position, please review the Policies and Procedures manual. CAPCSD covers most travel expenses for meetings related to volunteer responsibilities.
The Nomination Process
Submit the online nomination form describing your qualifications for the position for which you, or your colleague, would like to be considered.
- All nominations for President-Elect and Treasurer that are submitted by the deadline are forwarded to the CAPCSD Nominations Committee.
- All nominees will be contacted within one week of the deadline to confirm the nominee’s willingness to accept a nomination.
- Each nominee’s application will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee. Online interviews for top nominees will be scheduled in early January. After interviews are conducted, the Nominations Committee will determine the top nominee for each open position and confirm each nominee’s acceptance.
- The process will result in a single slate of officers developed by the Nominations Committee that will be presented to the Board of Directors at their winter board meeting. The approved single slate will then be voted on by the membership. Program directors will cast the vote for their program and are encouraged to solicit input from their faculty, clinic directors, and staff.
- The slate will be announced at the CAPCSD annual conference during the business meeting, on Saturday, April 23, 2022, in Portland, Oregon. Elections open Saturday, April 23rd and close on Monday, May 9th.
- Terms officially begin July 1, 2022, but orientation and training will occur prior to that date.
How to Submit a Nomination
The Call for Nominations is now closed.
What is Requested on the Nomination Form?
- The position for which the person is being nominated: President-Elect or Treasurer.
- Nominee’s Name, University, Email, Phone number, and Curriculum Vitae.
- Nominator(s) Names, University, Email, and Phone number (unless self-nominating).
- Biographical Information - In 500 words or less, summarize current titles and positions, relevant past employment history, academic degrees and the granting institutions, and CCC area (if applicable).
- Qualifications and Plans - In 500 words or less describe: (a) how your abilities and experience fit the nature of the position for which you have been nominated and (b) how, if elected for the position for which you have been nominated, you plan to fulfill the associated duties.
- Briefly list and include dates of current and previous CAPCSD activities and other professional association activities.