CSDCAS Participant Resources
Each spring you have an opportunity to configure your Program Materials section in CSDCAS for the upcoming cycle. The Configuration Portal for CSDCAS 2020-2021 opened on April 21, 2020. The deadline to complete configurations and submit your program for review is June 16, 2020. Completing configurations by this deadline is critical to ensure your program will launch on July 15, 2020 and begin to receive applications. Failure to submit your configuration portal for review by the date outlined above will result in a delay of the launch of your application.
To help you prepare for the new cycle, we hosted a webinar:
Steps to Completing Configuration:
- Log into the Configuration Portal in the WebAdMIT Prelaunch site.
- Review and edit your program branding, instructional text, prerequisites, and questions, if applicable.
- Preview your program and hit “Submit for Review” by June 16, 2020.
Logging Into Prelaunch:
- Only primary contacts will have access to the Prelaunch configuration portal and will be responsible for completing the configurations. Usernames and passwords are the same as they are for the regular WebAdMIT site.
- If you have never logged into WebAdMIT before and this is your first WebAdMIT account, you must contact WebAdMIT Support via phone to set up a Prelaunch Password. They can be reached Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM EST at 857-304-2020.
Accessing the Configuration Portal from the PreLaunch Environment
- To access the CSDCAS 2020-2021 cycle, make sure you have selected the 20-21 cycle from the drop down menu in the upper right on your dashboard. Once the 20-21 cycle is selected, click "CAS Configuration Portal" from the left-hand navigation.
- If nothing happens when clicking the link, please ensure you have any popup blockers disabled as the configuration portal opens in a new window.
- Remember: the Prelaunch environment can only be used to access the Configuration Portal. Any other activity, such as adding users, setting up local statuses or email templates, etc, will NOT carry over to the live WebAdMIT environment.
Editing Your Program & Submitting Configurations
- Any programs which were live in the 2019-2020 cycle have been rolled over into the 2020-2021 configuration portal and can be edited for the new cycle.
- The available configuration options for CSDCAS include:
- Once your programs are configured, preview and submit your program for review. The CAPCSD/CSDCAS team will review and approve programs after they are set to the “Review” status. This step must be completed for your program to go live in the CSDCAS application.
New Configuration Options for the 20-21 Cycle
Deadline Color Codes
- Rather than having a separate survey for the deadline definition color coding like we have done in previous cycles, this cycle you are able to make your deadline definition selection right in the configuration portal.
- Definitions will remain the same:
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline (previously blue)
- Applications and transcripts must be received by the deadline (previously orange)
- Applications must be verified by the deadline (previously green)
- If your university offers more than one program in CSDCAS, you will now be able to determine if applicants are limited to applying to only one program or if they will be allowed to apply to as many programs as they would like on the configuration portal. This information was previously collected separately.
Organization Level Questions
- If your organization has questions shared between various programs that need to be collected by your larger institution, you may wish to turn on organization level questions. If you wish to request this feature, please contact Megan Woods at email@example.com.
Configuration Portal Help and Training
- The Configuration Portal Help Center is a searchable manual with step-by-step instructions in creating and customizing your programs; this is also accessible in WebAdMIT under the Usage Help panel, under Help Center.
- Review the Configuration Portal on-demand course with videos on specific portions of the Configuration Portal; this is also accessible in WebAdMIT under the Usage Help panel, under WebAdMIT Configuration Portal Training Course.
For any questions, please contact the WebAdMIT Support team available Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM ET at 857-304-2020 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.